When you're moving home, it is sometimes necessary to put some of your possessions in temporary storage until your main move is complete. Packing is a very time-consuming process, which you might prefer to leave to your removalist or professional packer, freeing you up to deal with other aspects of your relocation.
So, what are the advantages of asking a professional to pack your stuff for you?
- Removals staff members are trained to wrap items carefully and to pack them by specific placement to protect them in transit. This can mean less damage occurs.
- Pro packers will complete the job much more quickly than you can. They will work methodically through your stuff without the distraction of memories and emotional attachments to things that you have.
- You don't need to be present while the packers are working in your home, so you won't need to take time off work to supervise them.
- Packers are trained to fill every box. This not only means that you will spend less of packing materials, it also means that what's inside the boxes will be less likely to move around and become damaged in transit.
- Pro packers understand how to pack valuable items like pianos, artworks, and large clocks, meaning that damage is less likely.
Things that you will need to do
Although you can pretty much leave professional packers to it, there are a few things that you will need to do yourself.
- Label the rooms so that the packers will know what name to place on each box.
- Set aside some zip bags for nuts, bolts, and screws that might come off disassembled articles, together with sticky labels so that the packers can label the bags accordingly.
- Label a tough plastic box for your remote controls, phones etc so that you can find them easily when you come to unpack.
- Mark anything that you want leaving at the front of the storage unit where it's easily accessible. This enables the packers to place these items in the same box.
- Make a list of everything that you don't want packed and remove anything that doesn't need to stay in your home on moving day.
There are many advantages to using professional packers to help prepare your possessions for relocation to a storage unit while you move home. For more information and assistance, have a chat with the experts at your local removalist firm or storage unit provider.